Trusted Senior Services Provider since 1966
Neighborly is a pioneer in providing quality home and community-based services. We understand the responsibility caregivers have each day, and are committed to providing our clients and their families with the highest quality services, with the hope of offering resources to allow seniors to remain in their home longer.
Safety is Our Top Priority
Neighborly puts the health and safety of our clients and the volunteers who serve them as our top priority. We have taken measures to adapt our Meals on Wheels (MOW) delivery protocols. Here are just some of the ways we keep volunteers safe:
- We provide masks, hand sanitizer, and gloves to our volunteers.
- Physical distancing practiced at all sites.
- At several sites we offer curbside service. Insulated meal totes and route sheet tablets are delivered to volunteers while they stay in their vehicle. Volunteers notify their site coordinator when they return and staff retrieve the empty totes and tablets.
- Volunteers do not enter clients’ homes; clients are called ahead of delivery so they anticipate the time of their meal delivery. Volunteers practice physical distancing - meals are placed in grocery bags and hung from door handles.
- For locations where curbside pick up/drop off isn’t available we limit the number of volunteers in each site and have marked floors for 6’ physical distancing.
- Volunteers watch clients retrieve the meal.
- Volunteers will be incorporated back into the activities at our Adult Day Centers and in other capacities as soon as our local, state, and federal officials provide those directives.
Please contact Neighborly to schedule a tour of our facilities.
We will gladly answer any questions about our program and services to assist older adults in Pinellas County.
Phone number: (727) 573-9444
Hours of Operation: 8am-5pm