CAREERS AT NEIGHBORLY
Position Title: Nutrition Operations Manager
Location: 13945 Evergreen Ave, Clearwater, FL 33764
Status: Full-time $40k - $45k
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Oversees the daily operations of the Neighborly Senior Café and Meals on Wheels Program. Responsible for all aspects of meal delivery to clients. Assists with the management of volunteers. Assists with the planning and implementation of site activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Provides direction to Site Coordinators on the monitoring of Daily Food Control Form, protein assurance form, Nutrition Program Compliance Form (NPCR) and MOW route monitoring form.
- Assists with training for staff and volunteers on food handling and sanitation.
- Reviews client files for accuracy in meeting all regulations and policy requirements.
- Performs the function of Site Coordinator when necessary to assure coverage at any given site.
- Oversees timely collection and data entry of 701C assessments into CIRTS.
- Plans, coordinates, and develops engaging and innovative café activities and special events.
- Collects money from the sites and submits collections to the Finance department.
- Reviews and signs off on program records, bills, and site reimbursement requests.
- Shops for and maintains records of dining site supplies as needed.
Meals on Wheels
- Collaborates with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure that volunteer needs are met.
- Works with the Route Supervisor to ensure all MOW routes are covered by first a volunteer or as needed by a paid driver.
- Hires, supervises, and trains Site Coordinators.
- Attends to and troubleshoots daily issues regarding meal delivery or food safety and quality.
- Collects and reports menu feedback or requests to the nutrition director and caterer.
- Maintains senior café and MOW site compliance with all required health, safety, licensing, funding agency requirements, fire certificates, and provides direction for the continued compliance of these standards.
- Administers 701S, 701A, and 701C assessments as needed.
- Networks and meets with other agencies and community groups as a Neighborly representative and advocate for all programs.
- Collaborates with the marketing or development department to provide community outreach.
- Acts as the liaison with other programs in providing and receiving referrals.
- Reports to the Executive Director or Director of Operations when the Nutrition Director is absent.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in management and leadership
- Knowledge of non-profit or community nutrition programs
- Knowledge of nutrition, food safety, and health topics for older adults
- Experience client record management, and food service software
- Ability to address large groups
- Strong attention to detail with regard to record keeping and administrative procedures
- Effective oral and written communications
- Work efficiently under pressure with deadlines
- Work effectively with community/statewide agencies
Supervises approximately 20 employees
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, management, business or a related field; or five years related experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Completion of an ACEND accredited dietetic program and dietetic internship, a plus
- Experience supervising employees.