CAREERS AT NEIGHBORLY
Posting Date: Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Position Title: Dining Site Coordinator (3 positions)
Site: 2253 119th St N, Largo, 33778 (Ridgecrest)
Site: 900 North Martin Luther King Jr. Ave, Clearwater, 33755 (North Greenwood)
Site: 1700 Klosterman Rd, Palm Harbor, 34683 (PHD)
Status: Part-time (30 hours weekly) Pay: $12/per hour
Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:00am-2:30pm
Acts as program representative for the daily operation of the Nutrition Services Senior Dining site to which assigned; may oversee and participate in the packaging of Home Delivered Meals with the aid of staff and volunteers by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Implements and oversees the total food service program with the guidance of the Operations Manager and Director of Nutrition. This includes but is not limited to:
1. Assures the accurate serving of meals to the senior dining participants, providing direct oversight to the Food Service Aide(s) and other paid and volunteer staff.
2. Assures the accurate packaging of Home Delivered Meals for distribution.
3. Maintains safe food handling and sanitation as established by 64E-11 of the Florida Statues.
• Maintains day-to-day records, including creating, updating and maintaining participants’ files and related records.
• Uses the computer daily for communication and accurate tracking of client activities and records. Generates Senior Dining meals ordered and served daily in Q.
• Assists in counting contributions. Accountable for tracking monies such as activity day, fund raising, and coffee money.
• Purchases Bingo supplies monthly, and submits receipts by the 15th of each month.
• Works closely with the Coordinators of Volunteers to ensure the effective functioning of the MOW driver program, as appropriate. Duties include:
1. Help to recruit and train volunteers
2. Schedule drivers for volunteer delivered routes
3. Arrange coverage for routes
4. Provide a positive Public Relations image
• Plans and implements activity programs for the dining site.
• Assists in the recruitment and training of volunteers for the Senior Dining program.
• Establishes positive relationships with all Home Delivered staff, volunteers, clients, and Senior Community workers.
• Attends required Nutrition Department meetings. Conducts daily meetings with site staff.
• Attends all meetings of the site council and submits minutes to Operations Manager.
• Performs the functions of a Food Aide and MOW delivery driver, if necessary.
• Deals with emergencies occurring at the site. Reports occurrences to Operations Manager within 24 hours of incident.
• Consistent ability to transport self off site to attend trainings, in-services, and secure site supplies.
• Completes administrative paper work i.e. Incident Reports, First Notice of Injury Reports, etc. according to Neighborly policies.
• Maintains positive contact with site hosts.
Directly supervises employees and volunteers at the dining site. Responsibilities include interviewing, training employees and volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.